How to Tread Lightly!
Leave Only Tire-Tracks
Aug 16, 2021
What Does It Mean To Tread Lightly!?
Tread Lightly! and its partners lead a national initiative to protect and enhance recreation and public access by promoting outdoor ethics. Something we at Sēkr take extremely seriously and know is imperative to maintaining our ways of outdoor living.
Tread Lightly! practices environmentally responsible outdoor recreation by adhering to a few simple TREAD principles that apply to the various outdoor activities including motorized recreation, water recreation, winter recreation, backcountry sport, hiking, camping and more!
The Tread Principles On Land:
TRAVEL RESPONSIBLY on roads and trails or in permitted areas.
RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS including private property owners and all recreational trail users, campers and others to allow them to enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed.
EDUCATE YOURSELF by obtaining travel maps and regulations from public agencies, planning for your trip, taking recreation skills classes, and knowing how to use and operate your equipment safely.
AVOID SENSITIVE AREAS such as meadows, lakeshores, wetlands and streams, unless on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitat and sensitive soils from damage.
DO YOUR PART by leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, avoiding the spread of invasive species, restoring degraded areas, and joining a local enthusiast organization.
The Tread Principles On Water:
TRAVEL RESPONSIBLY on designated waterways and launch your watercraft in designated areas.
RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS including anglers, swimmers, skiers, boaters, divers, and others to allow them to enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed.
EDUCATE YOURSELF by learning rules and regulations, planning for your trip, taking recreation skills classes, and knowing how to use and operate your equipment safely.
AVOID SENSITIVE AREAS and operating your watercraft in shallow waters or near shorelines at high speeds.
DO YOUR PART by leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of fuel, oil and waste, avoiding the spread of invasive species, restoring degraded areas, and joining a local enthusiast organization.
Become A Tread Lightly Advocate Today
To help promote responsible recreation and protect our public spaces, become a member of Tread Lightly! TODAY! Their membership tiers offer exclusive benefits for outdoor services and perks on the road.
And did we mention you’re giving to an excellent cause?
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS & BENEFITS:
- $25 Level
- Tread Lightly! decal
- $50 Level
- 20% off Tread Lightly! Store
- Up-to $100 Discount Tire rebate
- 20% off Outdoor4x4 subscription
- 10% off the Garmin Overlander all-terrain navigator
- 20% off Shear Comfort Custom Seat covers
- Eligibility to apply for a Tread Lightly! Stewardship Grant
- Member T-Shirt
- $100 Level
- All of the above plus Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat Affiliate Rewards Program Preferred Price, 1% below factory invoice on purchase or lease of new vehicles.
- BFG Tire Rebate
- $40.00 off Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading’s ¡Cuatro! 4-Way Tire Deflator/ Inflator 2.0
- Save $15 off $100 or more at Overlander.com OR save $50 off $465 or more at Overlander.com
- $250 Levels
- All of the above plus $50 gift card to spend in the Tread Lightly! store.
- Tread Lightly! Ambassador Branded Hoodie
- Tread Lightly! and Black Hawk Beanie
- 2x Discount Tire rebate cards
- 2x BFG Rebate Cards
- PLUS use discount code “TL!Life” at checkout and SAVE!
- $10 OFF $50 Membership Tier
- $20 OFF $100 Membership Tier
- $50 OFF $250 Membership Tier
By land or water, the concept is simple; travel responsibly, respect others, educate yourself, avoid sensitive areas and always do your part to protect nature and the lifestyle it grants us.
For more information check out this in-depth guide for Treading Lightly! and see how you can be the change you want to see!
Join Tread Lightly!