The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, built in 1935 and a member of Historic Hotels of America® since 1996, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Historic Hotels of America is the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation® for recognizing and celebrating the finest historic hotels across America. In 1935, The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort opened as a private dance club at the ocean's edge on St. Simons Island in Georgia's Golden Isles. The name "King and Prince" was coined by friends of the original owners, who felt that the name fit the property's regal atmosphere, as the resort features a Spanish Colonial exterior and English Colonial dйcor. The resort's fashionable guestrooms, ballroom, and beachfront boardwalk quickly established the hotel's reputation for elegance and warm hospitality. The centerpiece of the resort is the oceanfront Delegal Dining Room, which is accented by 11 antique stained glass windows that depict early scenes of island life. For Price Match Guarantee and Special Offers, please visit HistoricHotels.org [http://www.historichotels.org/hotels-resorts/the-king-and-prince-beach-and-golf-resort/].